Want the Best for Your Child?
Your Child’s future is in “YOUR HANDS”
Elizabeth Carman, pre-birth researcher and author,
Give your child the best possible start in life. Begin a special routine of caring for your baby right from birth. Discover how gentle massage builds a loving bond between you and your baby, and soothes and comforts the most fractious child. Ensure that your child enjoys good health, confidence and a relaxed and loving personality.
Massage is one of the oldest, natural healing skills. And Infant Massage is a parent tradition within ancient cultures that has been re-discovered and adapted to the western world. Modern research has shown that, given the same diet, a child who is massaged daily will grow twice as fast as a child deprived of touch.
Communicating Parents’ Love Through Touch
Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
1. Relaxes child and decreases stress for mother and baby.
2. Relieves or prevents discomfort, constipation, gas, colic, indigestion, diarrhea, congestion, vomiting, poor appetite, listlessness, coughing and general irritability. Reduces pain symptoms associated with teething and overall muscular tension.
3. Promotes health, vitality, normalizes muscle tone, improves blood circulation and breathing.
4. Establishes regular sleep cycles (therefore, parents sleep better, too!).
5. Stimulates brain development and improves sensory awareness.
6. Babies cry less, as the parent is more responsive to babies’ cues.
7. Builds a loving and secure bond with child
8. Improves coordination and posture and maintains flexibility
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
Tired of those sleepless nightsand the worry and concern about your child’s health and wellbeing?
1. Feel more comfortable and confident in ability to care for baby.
2. Learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
3. Learn techniques to soothe and comfort their babies.
4. Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
Infant Massage is a natural, pleasant method of providing early nurturing and is a tool for helping parents become closer to their babies. When compassion, love and security are conveyed through touch, children grow to exemplify respect and kindness to others.
Exciting Results from Parents Investing 15 Minutes a Day
The baby massage techniques have been used on my daughter ever since she was born and now at 18 months, she absolutely adores it. I say, “Do you want a massage?” and she immediately lays down on her change mat, ready for me.
As a newborn, I gave her short massages, mostly legs, belly, back and bottom. But as she grew, her patience and expectations also grew and she learned to love this time with mummy. Now she even lets her dad give her a massage and it does calm her down. The touch factor has proven to be very important and I believe this has also helped with her confidence as she is not fearful of other people touching her (ie: the doctor/nurse).
Research at the University of Miami School of Medicine confirms the importance of a secure environment and nurturing touch in the healthy growth, development and maturation of children. Numerous other studies have also shown developmental benefits of positive contact as part of a baby’s early life.
Infant Massage is a natural, pleasant method of providing this early nurturing contact. With this in mind, if infants are nurtured and cared for, as adults they are assets to the society. This benefits their family, school, community, and nation.
Here is a beautiful demonstration of a child’s natural inclination to be massaged. Babies love massage and it has great benefits! Massage is one of the oldest, natural healing skills. And Infant Massage is a parent tradition within ancient cultures that has been re-discovered and adapted to the western world. Modern research has shown that, given the same diet, – a child who is massaged daily will grow twice as fast as a child deprived of touch.